Monday, April 16, 2012

Splatter Mani

After several weeks of growing my nails, I've reluctantly had to cut them. My two thumb nails were torn since a couple of weeks, and my repair attempts with glue polish and fake nails glue couldn't last forever. So I figured I would cut them very short and give them an other chance to grow without breaking this time!

I wanted to do a splatter manicure since a while, and since my nails are too short for a French Mani I figured this would be the right time. Plus, a trashy mani like this makes less noticeable the fact that my thumb nails are all irregular and ugly!

I used Sally Hansen Smooth and Perfect in Fog #01 as my background color. The polishes of this collection are really pretty. They have a kind of "fluffy" or "cloudy" finish that I like a lot. Fog is a subtle grey which looks clean and elegant. the splatters were made with a straw and a toothpick with Sinful Colors Dream on #113 (a neon fushia-purple that I love!!) and Santee Vikini-Green #M60. 
For those of you who would like to purchase Dream on, please note that it is matte, which can be surprising (or at least it was for me at first).

For once I will show you both hands, as each nail is really different.

Here is my left hand:

BeFunky

BeFunky


And my right hand:


BeFunky

BeFunky


I love the variety of effects you can get with this technique, athough the finish I like best is the one I got on my left thumb an index:

BeFunky


Pin It

0 comments:

Post a Comment